Monday, April 02, 2007

Last night Kyle came in from taking the dog out before bedtime and told me he heard something in the boat. Unbeknownst to me, he had investigated and left the outer boat flap open. A bit later he was shining his flashlight from the bay window and said he saw "yellow lights" out on the boat. I told him it was just the reflection from the stickers on the side of the boat and took the flashlight to assure him....I was surprised to see a great big racoon staring directly into the flashlight beam. Two glowing yellow eyes...sorry didn't get a pic of that! I told Kyle that's what he probably heard when he was outside earlier.

Well....today a co-worker of Gene's was over with her three kids. They were playing in and around the boat. Kyle went to open the front boat seat....and that very same racoon was staring back up at him! The older girl screamed and Kyle dropped the seat closed. I grabbed my camera and went to take a picture of our "discovery" today. Gene lifted the boat seat so I could snap a picture and then closed the seat again. We heard it screeching a bit, so we thought it was startled by us investigating it's new "little home". We told the kids to stay back in case it got scared and tried to defend itself. We didn't want the kids to get bit or scratched in the process.

Gene lifted the lid one more time and the racoon was GONE!!! In it's place were four little babies. He closed the lid after I snapped a picture and we both looked at each other in amazement. The screeching we heard was the babies 'cause their mom took one of them with her (wherever she went) in an attempt to try to relocate them.



I guess the guys won't be doing any fishing on the boat for a few weeks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, tonight's the big night! We are hoping for a good turnout and that the Lord will touch the heart's of every young person in attendance.

Please keep us in your prayers 6-11 PM EST tonight! Thanks!

No comments: