Sunday, March 18, 2007

Storyside B & Nevertheless

I got a really neat surprise at church last week. Two of the bands from Air1 will be coming to give a youth concert at OUR church! I was so excited when I seen this in the bulletin. The concert will be the first day of our Easter Break on a Monday evening....April 2nd.










Storyside B




Nevertheless


I listen to Air1 online at work and in the car to/from work. The kids even sing along to the songs. It's so excited that our small church will be hosting these two bands in just 2 weeks! We attended the planning meeting after services today. Gene volunteered to do outdoor security and I'm going to be working in the kitchen. The bands have their own "demand list" that we need to get together and then we'll be handing out bottled water and popcorn free of charge for the kids who attend the concert. I also volunteered to make the labels we'll be putting on the water bottles.


Labels:

I used Sarah VanDyke's Frames Vol. 5 for around the verse.


"Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." John 4:13-14 NIV



We've arranged for Joshua to do a sleepover with grammy that evening. This will be Kyle's first concert. We are planning on paying for a ticket for our sitter and asking her to come along to help keep an eye on Kyle. Our youth minister estimates 350-500 kids will be here for the concert. So that's alot of lives that can be reached for the Lord.

No comments: