Sunday, June 22, 2008

Birthday Rainbow

Alright, I'll admit it....I cried on my birthday. Gene came home and told me that he had to go back into work at 8PM. Being that he just got home at 8:30 AM and needed sleep...that meant not alot of time to celebrate. I had to take Joshua to a friend's birthday party at noon. So I was bummed.

Gene did get up and took the boys to get me a birthday dinner (aka, pizza and steak subs) and a birthday cake. That was the extent of celebrating my 35th birthday. Gene left for work just as a really nasty thunderstorm was rolling in and all I could think was, "Great....now we'll lose power and I won't even be able to scrap tonight!"

Gene called from work around 8:30 to tell me that there was a phoned in report of a tornado touch down near the plant...he works in a flat glass production. Tornado=disaster. But luckily, it wasn't confirmed and there was no touchdown.

But the highlight of my birthday was this!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

God knew I needed some cheering up!

1 comment:

Sarah96 said...

Happy Birthday, Sondie. My 34th last week really bummed me out this year too, and it wasn't ALL that bad. Looks like a beautiful rainbow!