Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Should I do it again???

Me thinks the alpha is a hit! Anyone interested in a matching lowercase, numerals and punctuation? Leave me a comment if you are interested. If there is enough response, I'll get started working on them.

A LightBulb Moment

During prayer time last night, I started thinking why am I so unhappy? God answered my question in this way. Sondie....it's not about you....it's about me. Well, to some who don't know the Lord that may sound selfish. But with all that I have been through, I know that he will never leave my side....even when I falter and lose faith. He's been there every step of the way with me. I just need to trust and OBEY....ok the first part I've "kind of" got the hang of....but I guess the second is sometimes so hard to do. I mean it's not that I don't WANT to obey....sometimes I just find myself doing things that I shouldn't and it makes me feel like I've failed. It's a vicious cycle really....try to be good...mess up...fail...and then the guilt sets in. Except...I know the guilt isn't from the Lord and that's where the cycle can be broken. I need to begin to see myself the way God sees me....with His love and mercy. I will continue to follow in faith and trust the Lord that he will guide me.

So with that I claim this verse and hold it in my heart:
for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again,
but the wicked are brought down by calamity.
Proverbs 24:16

9 comments:

Julie Ann Shahin said...

I would like to know if you do make a co-ordinating glitter set! Thanks.
julieann.shahin@gmail.com

Angela said...

I would LOVE to see a lower case glitter alpha set Sondie.

Cheryl said...

Oh, that's such beautiful journaling. I am sure it will touch everyone that reads it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your children and Santa..and yes, people should understand the joy of a little one who waited so long in line to see santa, it is a cherished moment forever and life is about the memories we make togethor. Your glitter alpha is a hit...and would love to see another.

Anonymous said...

Seems a lot of people have this problem.Try real hard to please the Lord and fail...then the guilt sets in and then we seem to hide from him because we feel soo guilty..when all the while he is telling us that he knows we are like that and he died for that..and to bring us peace.He wants us to come boldly to him not hide..the whole time we are feeling guilty..he is there saying..I sent my Son for that:)Read Romans chaper 7..Paul explains human nature and the grace of God..so well.:)But read the first verse of chapter 8..Thank God for his merciful love.:)Real peace comes when we realize..we are failures..that is why he sent his Son to die for us..because we could not be righteous enough for him.But we are the righteousness of God..THROUGH Christ Jesus.:)So..just be thankful today and be at peace:)

Anonymous said...

Me again! (just posted under your alpha, but thought maybe I should post here as well, since this is where you asked...) I'd love it if you made the lower-case and numbers for the alpha - very fun alpha! Thanks!
jilld123 AT gmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this great alpha.

I'd love to have matching lovercase and numbers.

Happy new Year from Germany!
Silberfuchs

Anonymous said...

Yes please I would love to see some more parts to this beautiful alpha. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Wow is your name really Sondie. So is mine and have never seen the name anywhere else before. My real name is Sondra but nick is Sondie as called by my family. I, too am a Christian and find your posts so "like me"!!