Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!!!

Hmmmm, I wonder how many blogs have that heading today???

Well, we had a very low key New Year here. Gene called me from his work at midnight to wish me a Happy New Year and I gave him an audible New Year Kiss. LOL! Then followed the kids lead and went to bed. They didn't make it to midnight. Nope no sipping champagne and eating pork for me last night. But that's ok, I'm gettin' pretty used to spending the New Year alone. That's the life of swing shifts I guess.

My mother-in-law's birthday is the 1st. So we always head over there and celebrate with a little cake and a gift picked out by the boys. Then we came home for a pork and sauerkraut dinner with Gene and now I blog.

It's been quite awhile. We had a good Christmas. The boys got pretty much what they wanted and it's kept them quite content this past week. My Holiday Blues/Stress.....still hasn't seemed to left yet and I wonder if it's turning into that seasonal depression.

But I just know that 2007 holds many blessings and good tidings so I'm holding onto that for now!

Part of my New Year's resolution (for the record don't like to make resolutions....they just don't seem to stick for me!) is to get organized both digitally AND at home. I've realized that me and the kids just can't cope without a good solid schedule and the way we do things now at our house is work around Gene's work schedule. Some days he works 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift and some days he's home. I think that it would be good for me to set some certain things regardless of his work schedule and if he can join us that's great but if not at least the kids and I have some solid ground to stand on. Things like meal times, bed times, certain daily activities. I know this makes me sound like a horrible mom not having these things already done with a 7 and 4 year old. I feel like things have just gotten away from me and we pretty much do what we want, when we want. It will be quite the adjustment, but I think in the long run it will be much better for our body, healthwise and our mind and spirit to have a set schedule.

I have organized my CT requirements today, to get things ready for this new organization thing. I have a folder for all my CT layouts and assignments and inside is a monthly folder. Inside the monthly folder is an individual folder for each CT I participate in and I have the requirements and assignments in a book at my desk. This will help keep me on track and help me set some goals that I can actually achieve!

If you are thinking of scrapping goals be on the lookout for an article to be published in this month's DSS newsletter, written by Tina Busick! She did a wonderful job and I'm sure you all will be inspired by some of her thoughts and ideas.

Ohhh, and did I mention Kyle had a birthday Saturday??? Yup, he turned the big SEVEN!!! I can't believe that it was 7 years ago today that I held him in my arms at the hospital. Now he's so big and opinionated!!! We had a small party with just family to celebrate. The party for friends he decided would be a small sleepover with five chosen friends rather than a big Pizza Hut party for all his friends. We decided that it wasn't a good idea to try and do that on a weekend that Gene is working midnights.....so will be doing that sometime soon.

Gene's sister always does the kids birthday cakes and this year Kyle's theme didn't change any! LOL! He wanted an army camoflauge cake but he did have a very special request for barbed wire frosting. And she pulled it off! Look at that adorable barbed wire trim on the edges.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here he is in all his glory with his new birthday gift!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's Cabela's Dangerous Hunt II in his hand. Against my wishes for a seven year old, but apparently my vote isn't the only one that counts! LOL!

And here's Josh crashed in his new "big boy" bed complete with new SpongeBob Sheets and comforter. Finally, the first night he'd actually sleep in it!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Grammy got these for him for a Christmas Gift and delivered the new bed (passed down from Grammy-Gram...Gene's Grandma who's passed on) and new mattress and box spring the following day after Christmas. It took us two nights to finally get him to sleep in it. Apparently, it's a big step up from the little tikes toddler bed he'd been used to sleeping in every night.

And since I was told by my mom to upload more pics this morning....here's one just for you MOM! The scene early Christmas morning...approx. 2 AM. May not look like much under that tree, but there's tons there trust me! LOL!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I made y'all a freebie! I wanted something cheerful and fresh and have worked on this during this past week off and on. I wanted to add more but time just will not permit.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


And with that everyone....I'll sign off! I hope you enjoy the alpha and find it refreshing and inspiring for your scrap pages!

25 comments:

LuAnn said...

GREAT alphabet Sondie! Love blue things!

Amy said...

Pretty alpha Sondie, thanks! Loving that cake trim, so cool! Gorgeous tree shot and sleeping sweetie too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful alpha, thank you for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Great alpha! Thanks!

Dana said...

Thank you for the alpha - it looks great.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou, love that alpha :)

XX Sharon

Cheryl said...

Ahhh...I need to get organized too...great goal!

Anonymous said...

The alpha is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

lovely alpha, nice shade of blue. thank you

Unknown said...

Sondie you rock! Your tree is so pretty with the garland across the top - and barbed wire icing! What a hoot!

Angela said...

Cute alpha Sondie. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Great alpha... the picture of your tree is beautiful

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful alpha!! I can see using it for so many things. Thank you so much!
Holly

Anonymous said...

Very pretty alpha! TFS.

RosieB said...

This is beautiful, thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Great alpha! I would LOVE numbers and punctuation! So nice of you to offer to do that!

Anonymous said...

Great alpha - thank you! I would love to see lower case and numbers - thanks for asking! :)
Jill D

Annie P said...

Would you know I downloaded yesterday and forgot to leave my comment. Thanks for the alpha, Sondie. It's just amazing. Love the glittery look.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Thank You for sharing your great alpha!

IkeaGoddess said...

Stunning - this is really beutiful. Thanks for sharing

shawnyrvr said...

Thanks for the Alpha... it's perfect!!! Blessings! Shawna

Anonymous said...

Love the alphabet - THANK YOU! Happy New Year and good luck on your resolution...organization is mine as well and has started off good, but bound to get worse before better as we're doing an addition to the house this year - ugh!

MirandaLea said...

I LOVE your glitter alpha! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Dale said...

What a fun alpha! Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Thank you! I like the Glitter in your alpha

XXJeann