Saturday, December 23, 2006

Brain Mush


Can someone tell me how to get rid of this brain mush I'm going through??? I want to be happy and joyful for Christmas for the kids and Gene, but I feel so icky! My scrapping inspiration has gone out the window this past week. Even though I have some really cute pictures to scrap....I just don't feel like doing it.


Our holiday shopping is done. All the stocking stuffers, gifts and food for Christmas dinner is purchased. I'll be wrapping the rest of the gifts tonight after I get done writing here. I just feel like something is missing. I'm so unmotivated and it's driving me NUTS!!!! I was hoping to finish up a paper pack and have it posted for Christmas, but even that isn't coming along like I wanted.


Anyone have a sure fire cure for the Holiday Blues???


OK.....enough yucky talk....I wanna share something that I think is pretty cool and I'm hoping you will think it is too!


I posted this thread at DST today. I seen a gift at a baby shower a few years ago and instead of purchased curled ribbon and a bow, the lady had made a matching curled ribbon bow from the leftover paper scraps! I know I have tons of little scraps of wrapping paper leftover when I'm wrapping that just isn't able to wrap another gift and I hate to waste and throw those scraps away. So of course, I posted a thread at DST and Amber (Amber1279) linked me up to these blog instructions!


You've just gotta see this tutorial! I hope it helps save some trees this Christmas AND your pocketbook on all those extra toppings for your gifts!

(Picture from Zoey, Perrenial Passion Blog. Click image to see the tutorial on her blog)

Thanks for reading and I hope you like that tip! Now it's off to wrap all those presents!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Sondie,
Thank you so much for posting a comment to let me know you found my bow-making instructions useful.

I had wondered if anyone had actually tried to make a bow after reading that post.

I hope you will post a picture of how successful your first attempt turned out.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope you wake up today and the holiday blahs are gone!

Amy said...

Very cool tip Sondie, Thanks. And how did you know that I have all of my presents still to wrap? LOL!

As far as the mush thing.... I'm with ya. I think it's just a Mommy thing. Once the spending is all done, the food is all bought (I even did all the laundry so I wouldn't have that weighing over me)...we just look back at it all and the only thing I can think about is what else will still need to be done. Thre presents still need wrapped, the food will need to be cooked, and then afterwards to be cleaned up. It's hard to just put things aside and relax! But we must! Put on some Christmas tunes and jump right into the fun. DH and the kids don't seem to have a problems with it, HA! I bet yours don't either.

Rose Farver said...

Thanks so much for your comment! I hope you love it and use it! CUTE blog here I bookmarked it and will be sure to stop by and read! I'm a blog reading freak! LOL!