Friday, December 15, 2006

I've been RAK'd AND Tagged!!!

Well, Amy Cheeseman had put out a message that she was looking to do layouts for two people using Trish Jones products. AND....not only would we get our layouts scrapped for us.....we'd ALSO get the Trish Jones kit that she used in creating the layout! Now, how cool is that???

So, of course I shamelessly begged....please scrap my boys! I sent her a file of photos of my boys writing their Christmas letters to Santa. I had retouched the photos already using the new PhotoBlast Antique Color action and she said they were perfect to use with Trish's Outback Christmas kit! So, here's the results:

Page 1:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Page2:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
(Links for products and credits will be posted as soon as available.)

Aren't those just the sweetest layouts??? I love how she did the collage with little bits of their own Christmas letter to Santa. Too precious!

Thanks so much Amy AND Trish for giving her this assignment!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, I've also been tagged. Not once.....but TWICE!
First, by Tina (aka QueenBusick). She asked me to tell about my most recent indulgence. I wanted to get a pic of it so that you will understand WHY it's an indulgence. So here goes:
My most recent indulgence was while I was out Black Friday shopping. Well, we all know we are supposed to be Christmas shopping for others, but really how can one resist some deals???
So, I was in Sears and seen this beautiful CREAMY WHITE suit, complete with white velvet and satin trim! Now, as the mother of two young boys....any of you moms out there would KNOW why this is an indulgence! LOL! Even the VERY young cashier said to me as she was checking me out, "Oh, I'd be SO afraid to wear this!" LOL!
I paid $50 total for the pants, matching jacket and gold silk cami to go underneath. This will be my Christmas outfit to wear to church for our annual Christmas Eve evening service.
What? You wanna see it? Oh, yeah....I did say I took pics! LOL!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's a bit scary thinking now, as we may not have a WHITE CHRISTMAS if you know what I mean? And the possibility of mud sticking around, with two little guys who can't resist ANY puddle. I'll keep you posted on how the evening goes! LOL!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And the second Tag....
Was from a designer I'm on CT, Sarah VanDyke. She had a Christmas questionare tag for me. Here goes:
Holiday Quiz
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate, definetely.....with Peppermint whipped cream and a chocolate dipped candy cane stirrer. LOL!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? He wraps them, but has been known to leave a bow on the larger items (ex. bicycles, snowboard, sleds) ;-)
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White, I'm funny about that....sometimes will mix a strand of another straight color around, like one red strand. Outside, all white!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, but right now, the kids hung it on the tree....so it won't do much good there! LOL!
5. When do you put your decorations up? Whenever I feel like getting to them, I know "grinch", but this year they are up and done already! I've been known to wait til a few days before Christmas. (But that was pre-children era! LOL!)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Do I have to pick just one??? I love the ham at Christmas, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs.....shall I go on?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I don't actually remember this as a child, but looking back at the old photos, the most memorable would be the year I was 5 and had pink eye. It was so bad, it looked like someone punched me in the eye. There also is the year I got my Cabbage Patch doll. Of course, I was beyond the stage in childhood that you "believed" in Santa. It was the year everyone was going crazy over the CP dolls. My mom and I were shopping at a local WalGreens ( I think) and there was one in a box left behind by the masses. We both stared at it, 'cause we couldn't believe it was there. $25 said the price tag. What a steal! LOL! Mom picked it up and purchased it, but later told me she had to take it back because they didn't have the money. Early Christmas morning my brother and I were poking around the tree before everyone else awoke and I KNEW it was that same doll! The package had a slant in the front of the box! So of course that gave it away!
8. How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I believe at school, I read a story about Santa being a dad who got stuck trying to come down his families chimney and dying in the chimney before anyone realized where he was when missing three days. I'm not sure who wrote the story or how I got hold of it. But pretty much accepted the fact that Santa wasn't real without too much trauma.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I made it a tradition the first Christmas with Kyle that we would each open one gift on Christmas Eve and it would be new PJ's all around. This is practical in the fact that then everyone would not be wearing ugly worn out things to bed that night and pictures would be good with new PJ's!
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Ummm, is there more than one way to do it?
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it after the first snow and everything sparkles, hate it when I have to drive in the yucky slushy brownish grey nasty stuff though.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but haven't in a LONG time!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hmmmm, I've been blessed with many, I can't really think of just one for a favorite.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Jesus, our one most precious gift.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Hickory Farms Peppermint Kisses
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas Eve service at our church singing the Christmas hymns.
17. What tops your tree? an Angel
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Both!! LOL!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Come All Ye Faithful & Silent Night, though many of the old hymns are on that list.
So there you have it!!! Sorry it took so long to get this out girls!
And now I tag.....Amy Cheeseman & Carole Neale for the Christmas Quiz & Tina(QueenBusick) & Sarah VanDyke for the most recent indulgence.
Ta-Ta!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow those LOs are FABULOUS!!! I am loving the letter photos..I am photolifting that one as my DD has a santa journal she writes in all year long...ok my indulgence...coming right up!

as soon as I figure it out...

Unknown said...

and I forgot to add that the suit is gorgeous and perfect for a white xmas..wtg!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that suit is just so so gorgeous! I love the buckle on it and the cami is so elegant! It will be the perfect thing to wear for the holidays! And I have to tell you Sondie, your tag is too late. I did the Holiday quiz a couple weeks ago. I know you are an avid blog reader of mine too, but you might have missed it because I snuck it in to a later post right before the Winter Dreams chat to create some trivia questions for the chat freebies! I like the idea of the "indulgence" though. Give me a couple days to think about it and I'll post mine. Glad you like your RAK, those photos were so fun to work with. So adorable!

Amy C.

Craft Tea Lady said...

Very nice outfit! I love all the detail!