Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Santa & the Skunk????

Ok, so I promised I'd share the picture of Santa with the boys today and boy have I got a story to tell ya'll!

We got to the mall and quickly realized that it was Santa with Pets night at the mall. Oy-Vay! Dogs, and cats, and skunks....oh my!!! Wait, Skunks???? Yup, there was a girl there with a "pet" skunk!!! Can you believe that? Both the boys got to pet it as we waited in line for OVER an hour to get up to see Santa. I had my camera ready when it was the girls turn to go up to Santa and the look was priceless!!!!
You've Got to be kidding me!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
OK, next year I'm gettin' myself a RAISE!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
You hold onto that thing dear!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
AND....after about 15 minutes of getting the "perfect" posed shot....Santa pets the skunk!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So there you have it...by far the most unusual thing I've seen in awhile!

I did say that we waited an HOUR to get up to see Santa right? So, after this clerk had taken so long to get all these pets pictures "just right"....I mean don't get me wrong, but it's not like they HAVE to tell Santa what they want for Christmas, right? The boys finally get their turn to see Santa. I told the clerk that we'd be ordering one 5x7 @ the grand old price of $11.50!!! Now that is a HUGE price increase from last year it was just $7 and it didn't even come in a little portfolio either, just the 5x7 sheet. The kids walk up to Santa and he starts talking to them, while I snap a few pics. Mind you, it was approxiametely 45 seconds and they were giving him their Wish Lists and answering HIS questions.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
When the clerk said to me, "Do you want a picture with them sitting in Santa's lap?" I said Yes. She said, "Would you like to get them in Santa's lap then?" I think my jaw dropped, I said they are talking with him right now....pointing to the boys and Santa. So I had to go over and rush them into Santa's lap to make the clerk happy. And in the end MY pics were much better than the one we paid for!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It's not that I really mind all the pets OR the wait in line to see Santa, but really after this clerk took so long getting all the animals to look at the camera, she can't spare a few minutes for my boys to TALK to Santa? Which they've been waiting for weeks to do??? I was quite irritated at that point and Gene had to handle the transaction with the lady and retrieve the 5x7 portrait.

I couldn't believe how rude that was of her and I'm considering emailing the mall customer service about it. What would you do?

Ok....so moving along....here's a few of the boys while we waited in line.
I'm NOT smiling!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm NOT looking!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And you CAN'T make me!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Ok, just one smile...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Kyle had fun with the FunHouse Mirrors while we waited.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Love his expression in those photos. So that about wraps it up for me today! I gotta scoot back to work.

Have a great day and thanks for reading!

5 comments:

cheribear said...

Great photos! I can't believe someone brought a skunk to the mall. I've heard of scentless skunks as pets before, but never actually SAW somebody with one.

Very strange!

Anonymous said...

LOL, my boys did the same thing with the funhouse mirrors, too funny and the skunk was good!!!

Stephanie Ogren

Amy said...

Too funny, that skunk. I do have to say I have heard of pet skunks before and how they have the "stink" gland removed, but never have seen one. The boys look very handsome visiting Santa, and those photos of Kyle in the mirror are too cute! They both look like they had quite an experience and sounds like you did too, LOL!

Thanks for the pretty snowflakes too, I just love them!

Cheryl said...

Oh my...great shots of that skunk...would would imagine that ! Your boys look so cute all decked out.

Unknown said...

what's crazy about all that is .. the pictures while waiting in line were the best!! You've been a good blogger lately!