Tuesday, March 13, 2007

PHEW!!!! Taxes are D-O-N-E!!!

As much as I didn't want my purty little pup pic pushed down...I just had to share the excitement and relief of my accomplishment today!!!

I'm DONE with our taxes! All we need to do is hit the SEND button. I'm waiting for Gene to come home and review them, plus we'll be using his card to pay for them...no way am I paying an extra $30 from our return just to have them deduct their fees from the auto return. I used Turbo Tax online for the past two years to do our taxes.

Since I had the candy wrapper business, I thought it was the best way to go and it sure did us good last year. Found all kinds of deductions that I wouldn't have known to take. I freaked out a few Sundays back....I think late Jan/early Feb. I thought I'd surprise Gene and quick finish/file the taxes before I went to church that morning. Gene came home from work and I was still in my PJ'S!!! Mind you....it was around 5 PM!!! I was in tears.

I had to tell him that we owed $2,000 + for our state taxes. For the life of me....I couldn't figure out why and I wasn't going to file until I could get it right. He laughed at me(Gee....thanks, all that stress and tears and you laugh at me????) He told me, "Honey, it's gotta just be a mistake somewhere, you'll figure it out." Yeah, ok....nevermind I spent the whole day lookin' for the "mistake" and even missed church because of it. LOL!

Well....he hinted today that the taxes really needed done. He's counting on the federal refund to get some things done. Yeah, ok, um-hummmm, I know! So, I came home from work and sat down with my nose to the grind stone.

HURRAY!!!! I finally found the mistake.....I didn't enter our State Tax withholding!!! Yeah, I know....silly me. The reason I didn't notice that before is because I didn't even make it to the end of the State Tax review....where it shows your "bottom line". LOL! I was watching that nifty little box they have in the top left corner that calculates your refund/tax amt owed as you work through your return. I guess I must have panicked....'cause that little box was in the red the whole time and wouldn't go below $2,000 that we would owe!

Now....when I look back at it...yeah I can laugh! Now please don't hold these blonde roots against me....ok???

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow! Yay for you! I just found out last week that C Corp's have to file by March 15. Oops! I'll be filing an extension.

Your new baby is adorable!! How soon until she comes to live with you? We've got a puppy coming to our house in the next two weeks. I'm both afraid and excited!

Christine said...

I hate doing taxes!!!

I'm going to have to do mine soon!