Thursday, March 01, 2007

One Week....

I'll probably be adding some layouts that have taken me forever to get finished up later, but for now just a little update.

We are just now getting over the flu. It took it's toll on the whole family. I was the last to come down with it and let me tell you I fought it the whole way. Today is the best I've felt since Sunday night. I had to rush Kyle into the doctor's today. He'd been running a fever all night of 102 degrees, at least that's what OUR thermometer said. By the time I got him to the office, they told me his tem was 103.9 degrees. They tested him for strep, but it was negative and they took a chest X-Ray to be sure he doesn't have pneumonia. We're still waiting on the call from the office about the results for that.

Gene spent the night last night at his dad's. The first since he's been over the flu. It was a long night and late/early morning they had to call the hospice nurse to come out because Bud couldn't swallow. He's refusing to have an IV or to go back to the hospital at all. He can't talk or communicate very well, but he understands and can hear when you talk to him. There is a hospital bed in the livingroom now to help keep him comfortable.

Gene came home in tears....they said it will probably be only a week longer before he's gone. Without being able to swallow fluids, he'll dehydrate and he won't allow them to take him to the hospital for an IV therapy.

After Gene left the house last night the kids and I watched a movie and when it was over, Kyle had a tear in his eye. I asked him why he was crying and he said he was thinking about Papa. He didn't want to talk around his little brother, so I took him back to my room. He said, "I know Papa is very ill." Red faced and teary eyed, "And I'm just hoping he gets better." I couldn't help, the tears just came and I told him, "I can't promise you that papa's gonna get any better, honey. He's very sick and probably won't get any better."

I read him the story that a friend of ours in church mailed to us this week. "Waterbugs and Dragonflies" I would highly recommend this book. The story gave Kyle some comfort and he knows papa is going to a better place and won't be able to come back to tell us where he's gone, but we'll be able to be with him someday again.

I said, "See Kyle, we will miss Papa, but he'll be waiting for us and we'll see him again." Kyle said to me crying, "Yeah, but I'm only seven, so it will be a long time for me." How do you answer that? I just hugged him. He wants to see Papa to say goodbye. But that is against Papa's wishes. He didn't want the kids to see him this way. We are going to arrange for him to talk to Papa on the phone to say one last goodbye when Gene goes over tonight to be with Bud again. Hopefully this will give Kyle some peace with the whole thing.

One surprise....we're getting a puppy!!! Well, not really a puppy....he's five years old and he's a weimeraner. So for that breed...if you know that breed....it's a REALLY BIG PUPPY! He's housebroken and been to training school with pure breed papers. His previous owner had a male/female and is moving to a place where he can't have them. The female is spoken for, but the male they can't find a home for, so WE'RE IT!!! Gene spoke to the lady last night. Hopefully we can bring him home tonight. The kids know there is a big surprise, but not what it is. They keep guessing, Chuck E. Cheese, a new PS2 game, a kiss??? I just keep telling them....nope BIGGER than all of that!

So hopefully tomorrow, or late tonight, I'll have pics of our new "addition" and some layouts completed!

Bye for now!

No comments: